The PAssion Silver Concession Card programme is one of 70 initiatives under the Action Plan for Successful Ageing and is spearheaded by the Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Transport (MOT) and People’s Association (PA) with support from the Land Transport Authority (LTA) and Singapore Business Federation (SBF).
The Card merges the existing purple Senior Citizen Concession Card and PAssion Card programme, and will serve as a common identifier for the community and businesses to honour our seniors. With the PAssion Silver Concession Card, seniors will be able to enjoy concessionary fares on public transport, in addition to a suite of merchant benefits and privileges. By leveraging on PA’s existing PAssion Card programme, its community network and partners, the programme also enables seniors to continue to stay active, be engaged with the community and live well.
Launch and Distribution of PAssion Silver Concession Card
The PAssion Silver Concession Card will be officially launched on 4 December 2016. All Singapore Citizens aged 60 and above are eligible for the PAssion Silver Concession Card. The design of the PAssion Silver Concession Card is as below:
Starting 5 December 2016, the PAssion Silver Concession Card will be automatically mailed by TransitLink to the registered home addresses of Singapore Citizens who are existing Senior Citizen Concession Card holders. The distribution plan is as follows:
Singapore Citizens 60 years old and above who are eligible as of 31 January 2017:
a) Auto-Conversion: Singapore Citizens currently holding the purple Senior Citizen Concession Card for public transport travel (approx. 620,000 pax) will receive their PAssion Silver Concession Card by mail between December 2016 and March 2017. The new PAssion Silver Concession Card will replace their existing purple Senior Citizen Concession Card. They need not apply.
b) Opt-In: Singapore Citizens who are not currently holding the purple Senior Citizen Concession Card for public transport travel (approx. 135,000 pax) will receive through the mail, an invitation pack to sign up for the PAssion Silver Concession Card from December 2016.
We will process and send the Cards to all eligible seniors by 31 March 2017.
- Singapore Citizens who are turning 60 on or after 1 February 2017 will receive their invitation pack in their birthday month. Upon TransitLink’s receipt of their application, the seniors will receive their PAssion Silver Concession Cards through the mail within two weeks.
Seniors who do not apply for the PAssion Silver Concession Card within the timeline stated in their invite letter will receive a PAssion Silver Card (Non-Concession), mailed to them within two months from their birthday month. This card will allow them to access to all of the card programme’s benefits and privileges, with the exception of concessionary fares on public transport and activation of longer crossing time at Green Man + pedestrian crossings. The design of the PAssion Silver Card (Non-Concession) is as follows:
Activate the PAssion Silver Concession Card to Enjoy Concessionary Fares on Public Transport
Upon receiving their PAssion Silver Concession Card, seniors will need to activate their Card to start enjoying concessionary fares on public transport. Seniors who receive their PAssion Silver Concession Card by 31 March 2017 have until 31 May 2017 to activate their cards. Seniors can bring their new PAssion Silver Concession Card, along with their NRIC or existing purple Senior Citizen Concession Card (if any), to any TransitLink Ticket Office. Additional temporary booths will be set up at selected MRT stations and bus interchanges to increase convenience for seniors. At the same time, seniors can also transfer the remaining card value and/or travel pass from their current purple Senior Citizen Concession Card to this new PAssion Silver Concession Card. The list of TransitLink Ticket Offices and temporary booths, with their operating hours, can be found in here.
Even without activating their cards, seniors can use their PAssion Silver Concession Cards to enjoy merchant benefits and discounts at all participating outlets.
BENEFITS OF THE PASSION SILVER CONCESSION CARD
With the PAssion Silver Concession Card, seniors will be able to enjoy concessionary fares on public transport, tap for longer crossing time at Green Man + pedestrian crossings, enjoy discounted rates for PA Community Clubs’ (CCs) courses, activities and facilities, as well as a wide variety of discounts and privileges offered by PA programme partners and merchants. Some of the benefits are listed below:
Member’s Rate and Privileges at CC and other PA Outlets
Cardholders will get to enjoy two new exclusive offers introduced by PA to further encourage our seniors to stay active. They are:
a) 50% off all water sports courses and $2 discount for all rentals (except facilities) at all PA Water-Venture Outlets; and
b) $2 Course Xpress courses at participating CCs. (Usual price: $10)
- Cardholders enjoy Member’s Rate for all CCs’ courses, activities and facilities, and privileges at other PA outlets such as the Water-Venture Outlets, The WEARHouse (PA’s costumes rental service), Chingay Parade as well as selected activities and facilities under PA;
- Cardholders have a further 2% off Member’s Rate when the card is used for payment at CCs and Water Venture Outlets. (This is the best discount accorded to members and for members who transact online, they will also be accorded this discount); and
Cardholders can also take part in the various PA Wellness Programmes such as regular health screenings, physical and social interest group activities.
- Seniors can continue to enjoy concessionary fares on public transport (25% or more off the adult fare).
Dairy Farm Singapore (DFS) TapForMore Rewards Programme
- Cardholders can earn and redeem TapForMore Points, a loyalty point programme at retail banners under Dairy Farm Singapore (DFS) such as Cold Storage, Market Place, Giant and Guardian Health & Beauty stores. For more information on the TapForMore rewards programme, please click here.
In appreciation of the contributions made by our seniors, this group of cardholders will enjoy the following additional benefits:
a) 3% off* at all Giant outlets on Tuesdays; and
b) 3% off* at all Cold Storage outlets on Wednesdays.
PAssion Card - CAPITASTAR Rewards Programme
- Cardholders earn 50% more STAR$® when they shop at participating CapitaLand Malls
- Registration is required and can be done via the CAPITASTAR Self-Service Kiosks at the participating CapitaLand Malls, CAPITASTAR App via Apple Store or Google Play or www.capitastar.com.sg
- In addition, cardholders enjoy other exclusive promotions.
Discounts at PAssion Merchants
Enjoy discounts at over 1,000 PAssion / PAssion Silver Merchant outlets.
- Examples of PAssion Silver Merchants offering exclusive benefits to PAssion Silver cardholders include:
a) Singapore Airlines - 5% off Singapore Airlines fares
b) Metro - $5 or $10 Metro Gift Voucher with nett spend of $50 or $100 respectively, from Mondays to Thursdays
c) myCK - 10% off regular-priced Petals & Stellini apparel and Instep items (Ladies' & Men's shoes)
d) OG Department Stores - 5% rebate on non-discounted merchandise
For the full listing of PAssion Silver Card privileges , please click here.
National Library Board (NLB) Partner Membership
- A 5-year NLB Partner Membership is extended to Cardholders. This entitles them to borrow up to 10 library items including 4 audio-visual materials with no additional fees. (Note: The current basic library membership only entitles users to borrow up to 8 items)
Card Top Up
- In addition to being able to top up their cards at TransitLink Ticket Offices and General Ticketing Machines located within MRT stations, cardholders will also be able to enjoy the convenience of topping up their cards at top-up devices installed at all CCs.
- Cardholders will also be able to apply for Giro-link or Auto Top-up on their PAssion Silver Concession Cards.
*Exclusions include tobacco products, infant milk powder, any other statutory products such as newspapers, concessionary booth sales, discounted items from the corporate brands range or staff discounts.
(Updated as at 28 November 2017)